Sunday, May 10, 2009

"The Joy Of Being The Mama"

"Hannah"

Today is such a special day when we have the opportunity to remember Mother's. What a beautiful opportunity it is for me to reflect on my own sweet children and how grateful I am to be their Mama. This post is a little harder for me to write, due only to the fact that I can barely talk about what a joy it is for me to be a mother, let alone write down my feelings without crying. I am not always very eloquent, and I wish that there were words beautiful enough, or strong enough to describe how I feel about my sweet children. I have felt truly blessed and honored to have had the chance to be a Mother, and to have been a Mother to such choice and precious little ones. My children have brought unmeasurable joy into my life, and I have often felt inadequate of such a tender calling. I cannot imagine my life without these special little ones, and I feel honored every time they call me Mama. I love you little ladies, and to all of you AMAZING Mother's out there, I hope that today is such a special day for you!

"Emee"

"Aubrey"

One of my most favorite quotes about Motherhood, was by Sheri Dew in the January 2002 Ensign. She said,

"As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord’s secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning. In the premortal world, when our Father described our role, I wonder if we didn’t stand in wide-eyed wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children. I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom. The world won’t tell you that, but the Spirit will".

"Caleb"

11 comments:

Karyna said...

What a great post. I LOVE Mother's Day!

Carrie said...

Sorry, that last comment was mine, but I'm sure Karyna would agree!

Bennions said...

It is fun to see you with those precious babies. Today as I was holding Samuel a mother near me whose children are all older teared up as she shared how much she misses holding the sleeping baby. I love being a Mom too.

McEvoy Family said...

That is so tender! I love the pictures! You are one amazing Mama! I LOVE being the MOM as well! Thanks for helping me be better at that job. You are amazing and I love you!

Amber said...

This is another reason why you are one of my heroes, you perfectly and tenderly describe one of the greatest callings a woman can have. Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Happy Mothers Day April... You are one of the greatest moms ever... Your girls are SOO super lucky to have you as their mama!!!!

Munson Family said...

Happy Mothers Day! You are one of the most special Moms I know. You are an honor to the word Mother. I love being a Mom and I love how beautifully you write about being a Mom. I have always wanted to be a Mom,that is as long as I can remember. Love ya, Kim

Lisa and Kate said...

What wonderful little spirits you have brought into this world. The thought that they will be with you always and forever is so great and we are lucky to have the knowledge that we have. You are an amazing and all 4 of your children are lucky to have you in their lives. Here's to raising them now and in the future. Keep your fork... the best is yet to come!

Karynn said...

You are so incredibly beautiful! Your example helps me daily to be a better mother. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you - particularly about your role as a mother and the incredible highs and lows that have been part of your experience. I know your children are your greatest high and it is so inspiring.
Your post describes everything I feel as a mother. My husband and children are the world - it's a perfect world with them in it.
Thanks for always opening your heart and helping the rest of us be better people.

nina said...

My childhood dream to be a mom. That's all I wanted - Thanks for the reminder. XOXO

Nicole said...

I LOVE that quote too! Thanks so much for sharing it!