Since the beginning of December, life for my little family has changed pretty drastically. I remember after my little peanut passed away feeling a little lost. The girls had returned to school and Eric was back at work, so life was moving along as it should. But when Caleb was alive he was my day and if he was awake he had to be held upright so that he could breathe. So my days were spent holding and loving my little man. After he passed, I did not feel like I had anything to really "go back to". I remember wondering how I could magnify my calling as a mother when my little ladies were gone all day, and with such a broken heart. But time went on as it does and I filled my time with callings, temple work, and some volunteer work at the girls school. Life was wonderful again. However, since my release from the hospital life is quite different again. I can no longer have any exertion because my heart is still too weak to allow it, I can't go many places because the risk of getting sick is too high and I just can't do it, and I am generally too exhausted to do much of anything but sit on the couch. So once again, I feel like I am in a position where I am wondering how in the world can I be a Mom to my sweet children, and truthfully my heart has been a little bit broken, literally, lol! This past week I decided that I was in desperate need of something "Good". So I started reading the last Conference Ensign and in there was a talk from Elder Wirthlin entitled "Come what may, and love it". If you have not yet had a chance to read it, I would really encourage you to. (Just follow this link-) http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=b5f44bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1 It really did my heart good. We talked about this article for Family Home Evening on Monday and my sweet daughters told me all the reasons why "They Love" me being so sick.
1. I am always in the same place I was when they leave the room. (which NEVER happened before)
2. I am home, so I can still love them.
3. They love that they can run up the stairs and I cannot chase them. (Which my little Sassy is taking FULL advantage of, LOL)
4. They LOVE how kind everyone is to our little family. (In fact after church on Sunday, Hannah said, "Mom I hope that this does not hurt your feelings, but since you got sick PEOPLE LOVE US!" I think that they have really realized the importance of service!)
5. They love pushing my wheelchair, which can have it's own set of dangers! LOL!
6. They love that our family is not as busy as we were. (It was good for me to hear that, because that is something that I am missing a little bit.)
7. But most of all they just love that I am still living and can be their mama.
I love my sweet girls! So this week my goal is to find things "To Love" about my new life. I am still working on it, and it may take a little bit of time, but I am determined to enjoy the time that I have been blessed with.

















27 comments:
I loved that talk too. I love that you had an FHE and were able to find happy and good things surrounding a new bump in the road. I know you may not always be as postivie and optimistic as you blog...but I think that you are an inspiration of hope, strength, and gratitude. Thanks!
PS I could totally picture your girls wheeling you around race car like. Made me giggle.
This is the hardest thing to do,when you are so service oriented and now you need to be served.You do such a good job at being positive to those around you. We love you sooo much.
What a wonderful talk that was... TimeS like this remind us of the simple things in life as well as the important things. You are an inspiration to all of us for what you have been through... Keep your chin up!
April - you just have inspiration oozing out your pores! Count on your list of things you love about your new life the fact that everyone who knows you is in awe of how you handle adversity. You're one amazing woman!
I am sooo glad your girls are enjoying every bit of you, because the rest of us miss having you around all the time. Hang in there. I would have a hard time sitting on the couch all day, too.
April...you are the best!! You are always soo nice to everyone and do everything for everyone..and now it's your turn!! I also have been really sick over here and hanging out on the couch for the past month and a half and I KNOW what you mean!!! I want to get up and clean and shop and cook, and....I just sit here and LOOK at my messy house and HOPE my kids aren't getting into anything!!! Well, good luck, we love you over here and wish you good health this year!!
wow! i was feeling stressed about life today, and your post made me think that there's always something to love about life. you are an inspiration April. keep up the good "work!" xoxo
I sure love how positive you are. I really look up to you because you seem to have a smile and a kind word ready for anybody you happen upon. I am so glad that we got to visit with you and Eric (and your beautiful girls!) while we were in town. You bring such a light wherever you are.
April, you are simply amazing! Thanks for helping the rest of us keep things in perspective. I hope you understand what a help you are to me. I love you!
Oh, April. This is why you are who you are. Your attitude, perspective and optimism are forever inspiring and life-changing. I needed to read this! I remember that talk so well, but had forgotten it. Time to pull it out. Thanks.
You are amazing to me! How do you stay so positive? We are praying for you always and I just want to add, Tayden thinks the world of you! He looks forward to your packages and talks about you all the time! He really wants to "invite" your webkinz over to play.
I love that ensign talk too. That talk I have heard more people refer to than any other since conference. I am sure it must be hard switching gears but I am glad you are still around to be adored by your sweet family. I am glad they get to know how much everyone loves you and them. Tif
April, What a great message you are sending all of us! Sometimes we busy ourselves a bit too much and forget what's really important in our lives...our families! You're an inspiration to all of us. I'm so glad to be teaching Hannah in Primary. She's such a sweet girl!
April I love you. You are so amazing. So I want to give some suggestions of things to do while you are resting. I would absolutely LOVE it if you wrote a book about your life. That would quickly become a most cherished item for your family and others that love you that you would be willing to share it with. You are such an inspiration and your faith is enough to move mountains a book of your life would be so faith building and wonderful. You touch everyones lives in such a way that you are never forgotten even when you move far away. You are amazing!
April - You are truely an amazing woman and I am so glad that I know you. You inspire me to have a more positive outlook on life and take things as they come. Thank you for touching my life, even though you may not have known that you have! You are awesome!
April, I had no idea. I am so behind on blogging. I put your name in my parents temple. I am glad you are home that must be so nice to have your own bed! Let me know if you need anything. Lots of prayers and hugs to you guys.
Apes, you never cease to amaze me. Wow, you are an insperation to all around you. ilove you and our friendship so much.
ps i am with that other lady about you writing a book!!
I always have said you are my rock, and this is why. I love you tons.
April, I heard your name through the NICU grapevine and had to find your blog. Not sure if you remember me, but I sure loved taking care of your little Caleb. I miss you! You are in my prayers. I will never forget how optimistic you were everyday in the NICU and you made my days there better. Love you and your family!
Here I am sitting at my computer with tear rolling down my cheeks because you are so amazing! I love your desire to always be better. You are such an inspiration to me and I love your family so very much. I don't know if I told you this before, but Seth has enjoyed getting to know Eric so much. He always talks about how crazy he is and how much fun he is to be around. He loves his YM program right now and sometimes that is hard for a teenage boy. I appreciate such dedicated, valiant YM leaders who sacrifice their time with family to help raise my son. Thanks for sharing him and please pass my thanks on to him as well. I hope you have good week and you are continually in our family's prayers. Love to you!
April,
I have literally spent at least an hour enjoying your blog!! I'm not sure how I found it, but it was such a nice surprise!
Wow, you've been thru a lot. I'm really hoping you are feeling better.
I think about you all the time and I'm guilty of not taking the time to get with you!
Hopefully soon!
I'm adding you as a fab on my blog!
love,
Angie Batis
I loved this talk as well. It's one to have handy to read over and over again. Sure does put things back into perspective. Sounds like it's time for you to be served. Maybe that is one lesson to be learned from what you are going through. Wish I lived close by to serve you.
I agree with everything that has been said! April you are amazing, and when you are alone and feeling blue, remember all these comments! so when will this book be out? have you read any of Maya Angelou? I haven't but have heard her in an interview and want to read her latest book, Letter to my daughter. I would suggest that, even though i haven't read it. http://www.mayaangelou.com/AngelouBooks.html Also if you can sit at a computer, i have recently started Indexing for the church history site. It is a great use of time and a way to help with Genealogy work. check out https://new.familysearch.org/en/action/unsec/welcome, you can sign up by knowing your membership number and confirmation date. our prayers are with you! love ya
nikki
Hi Again!
I got your email and was so excited! To get to my site just click on my name above this comment and it will direct you! I must admit that I haven't blogged for a while, but there is still plenty on there to keep you busy for a while.
I hope all is well!
Angie
I just love you and how positive you are and especially how inspiring you are to me. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. I can always leave your blog with the feeling of such happiness and peace.
xoxoxo
You are amazing and such an inspiration to all of us. May I be the kind of mom you are to my KAte. Thank you for you!! We love you. Lisa
Hi April-- my name is Kirsten White and I'm friends with Kelli Pabst. I remember you because you almost came to time out for women with Natalie Day in Spokane and I was part of the group you would have been meeting there. Oh, I'm friends with Natalie too. :) Anyhow, Kelli told me about your blog and I've just been so uplifted as I've read through it. You truly are an inspiration of seeing trials for the blessings of strength that they can be. Thank you! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Also, your kids are adorable and I LOVE the red hair! I'm a red-head too and really hope that one of my children will get it. So far, zero for two. Take care! kirstenw76@hotmail.com
Post a Comment