Friday, January 16, 2009

Meet little "Wickett"



Today was a "HUGE" day for my little ladies. Ever since my girls have been able to talk, they have wanted to have a pet. Unfortunately Eric and I are not really animal people, and really that is a bit of an understatement! I am a little OCD about things being clean, and I cannot handle pet smells of any kind. Needless to say the girls have had to make do with our fish outside in our pond. I know....not very cuddly. However, both of my little ladies are obsessed with animals. In fact, they both would like to have a career working with animals in some way someday. This year, Emee made a goal to care for a animal every day for the next year. (Which I must say was amazingly well played on her part, seeing as we don't have any animals, and are huge fans of supporting goal setting, LOL) So needless to say, today we bought the girls an adorably sweet little Guinea Pig named Wickett (named after their favorite Star Wars Ewok). They were so excited, Emee even wrote a little song for it. Needless to say, I got myself a years worth of Bath and Body Works plug-ins in honor of our newest little family member! LOL!



12 comments:

Munson Family said...

I know it's a pain,but Emmy was so excited when she was telling me about it today. Her little face just beamed!I hate little animals,but I fall in love with them to easy.I just wish they could smell good and take care of themselves.I hope you all had a very extremely happy day! I love you all.

Olivia W. said...

I have a stinky 12 year old dog that is the sweetest thing ever. she drives me crazy with her constant shedding and frequent gas! it's like having a little old lady to take care of! ;-) good luck with your introduction into the world of pet ownership!

Bennions said...

Well I admire your ability to sacrifice. I will not be following. I think it is very sweet how much they love wickett. Cuddle cuddle. We have to many allergies and with my sisters asthma I can't have a pet. But I do think kids can learn a lot from that kind of responsibility so way to go. Tif

Andersons said...

Good for you guys! We've yet to take the pet plunge as well - glad to see you got such a cute cuddly animal! Good luck. :-)

Shaw Family said...

I would agree on the pet thing even though we have a dog... At least this pet won't get to big and he looks pretty dang cute. I am sure that your girls will take good care of him.

The Sutton Family said...

Ohhh my dearest April. You telling ME that I've taken lemons and made lemonade is just crazy! If ever there was a person put on this earth to help teach us what it means to endure, and endure faithfully, it is YOU my friend! I am continually amazed at the amount of adversity that comes your way, yet you continue to smile and cheer everyone you know. I think of you often and of your beautiful smile and say to myself, "Kerri, if April can do it, you can to!" You are my insipiration and I am so glad we are friends! You are the best! The world is a better place because of YOU!!

Beverly said...

Awww! Little Wickett is cute! I don't blame you about being OCD. I used to be that way a few years ago until I discovered medication for that (LOL)... And now I have 2 dogs. We just love them to pieces..until the little one starts chewing things she shouldn't. Your girls will love having it to care for and to love.

Laura said...

Good luck with this pet. My sister-in-law had one and it only lived about 2 years (that's my kind of pet). I hope it turns out better then the dog you had when we first moved to EM!! Ha Ha

Annie said...

i feel your pain my friend!!! my dog stinks and is messing up my backyard, but my cute little boys just love him like a member of the family. Good luck with that. Atleast yours is in a cage. hope he doesn't get out!!

Carrie said...

Yeah, so fun. I'm with you on the animal smells though, hence our pet, the little beta fish!

ChanFam6 said...

I had to laugh so hard about the bath and body works plug ins. I am so not a pet person either and I am obsessed with the "odors" my children's room emit, let alone a pet. You are my hero! Your girls are lucky to have you as their mom. My kids always tell me they will have 10 dogs at their house. I may not visit them when they grow up?? Or I may have to invest in bath and body works stock. You made my night with that one. Love you.

Lombardo Family said...

I'm with you April. I'm not a big fan of pets, but unfortunately my husband is so it's a battle that he'll win someday I'm sure. LOL By the way, I always steel little trinkets from your blog. Hope you don't mind, but I love the "I love you" blinker on your blog. Where do you find all those fun things?