
This week we have the wonderful opportunity to celebrate the life of my sweet son Caleb. I am amazed at how quickly these past two years have flown by. As I sit here thinking about my little "peanut" I am so overwhelmed and so grateful for the blessing that he was to our family. When I think of my little man, I truly believe that he represented everything that is good and pure in this world. His sense of humor, joy in all things, unconditional love, and endless strength is still such an example to me today. It is always so amazing to me how healing time is. As I think about him now I can't help but feel so much gratitude that our little family was given such a tremendous gift. So my sweet son, here's to you little man! We adore you!
The following is the video that we played at his funeral. We still love watching it and seeing his tender little smile:)

















15 comments:
I never got the chance to meet him but i know he and i would have been friends!! love you guys and thank heavenly father everyday for your friendship!! hope you are having a super day!! love you
April,
Thank you for sharing that video with us. I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to take care of Caleb in the NICU. He was such a special baby and I loved his smile! Your family is such an inspiration to me.
Love,
Keri Beardall
I miss him!! His little nort and splash, both, and his laugh. I love that video. Wow two years, I miss you guys too. I will see you all soon!!!!!
Love and hugs to you and your family. I know this is a tough time for you. I will never forget the joy that sweet Caleb and his family brought to our NICU!! Thank you for sharing him with us. We all loved him!
All I can say is thank you. I love you and your family, and while I was never able to meet Caleb, I still feel connected to him. I think that there were many milestones that Caleb achieved for your blessing. I love you so much.
Oh so precious!
April, Thank you for sharing your video with us. It was as beautiful today as it was 2 years ago. Caleb was amazing and he was a great example to me for his joy of life. His smile was contagious. So Thank you. I hope you have a great week. Love, Jolene
April, that video truly shows what loving people your whole family is! You can see the tender place Caleb holds in all of your hearts. One of my favorite pictures is when Hannah is holding him by the Christmas tree and they are looking at the Nativity. For some reason that picture struck me particularly deep. If I didn't know you guys at all, I could tell just from pictures how amazing you all are. I remember "little" Caleb in the NICU and how much your girls loved coming to see him. Their hair was always perfect (still is) and they were so sweet and well-mannered. I loved hearing your stories and taking lunch breaks with you! Caleb has touched so many hearts and still continues to do so. Everyone who knows even one of the BRUGGER family knows "there are angels among us"! You are the best Momma! Hugs and kisses to all of you! My heart is with you! LOVE TIFF
Wow, I guess I needed a good cry. I'll never forget the Sunday you brought him to church and he looked in your eyes and you kissed him and it went on through most of the meeting. It was so tender. I cried all through that meeting.He was such a cute little guy. I love your family so much and can't imagine my life without getting to know how special your family is. I love you, Kim
April that was so precious.. What a sweet boy. You are truly an angel among us and your story just inspires so many to be better. I am so thankful for your friendship and all that you teach me.
Thank you for sharing that video. I felt blessed to be able to see it. You have one of the most beautiful families I have ever met and you are truly the MOST beautiful person I know.
I never knew Caleb, but he truly is all that is pure and lovely about this live and the life to come.
I am usually one to have words for any occasion, but not tonight. I only wish I had had the chance to hold that angel in my arms before he left for his home. My heart is with yours. XOXO, Selina
wow, I never got to met him either, but THANK You for sharing it with me. I am in tears, that was such a touching video! I could feel his spirit smiling in every picture! What a beautiful family!
That was very sweet of Caleb and your whole family. I am sure he was glad that you were his mother because you are so loving. You are just a little piece of heaven and I miss living near you. Some things you never get over so 12 years and I still miss you. Love you always. Tif
April - thanks you so much for posting the video! It is beautiful!! You are such an amazing family!
Post a Comment