Wednesday, April 15, 2009

" A Special Memory From Build-A-Bear"



Yesterday was a really special day for our family. Build-A-Bear has a special program for children who have terminally ill parents or siblings. So, the wonderful people at Build-A-Bear paid for my sweet little ladies to have new bears with my voice inside of it. It was so fun to be able to record a little song that I have sung to them since they were tiny. We were also able to do the same thing for my ladies shortly before Caleb passed with his little laugh in it, and it has been one of the greatest blessings for them. It is so special to be able to snuggle something so tight when you are feeling so sad. Build-A-Bear was so good to us, and made the experience so sweet. I was so touched by how sensitive they were to my situation and to my sweet girls.



My little Sassy got a bear that she said had my same hair color, in fact she named it Apes The Bear.



Hannah also got a sweet little bear that she named April. I LOVE that we get the chance to kiss a tiny heart and that it will always be close to their heart. So Sweet!



So thank you to Build-A-Bear, and thank you to my sweet little ladies and husband for such a special memory, I love you!

14 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad you were able to do that. You are an amazing person. We love you.

Annie said...

Love you!!

Amber said...

Everytime I read your blog, I cry! Your testimony shines through every post. Thank you for sharing so much with all of us!

Nicole said...

That is wonderful, I am always glad to see what you are up to too! I have never been to build-a-bear, but I think I will have to give it a try. How special for your girls!

nina said...

What I love most are your smiles. You are giving your children such a beautiful gift by not complaining and just DOING. Love Build-a-Bear. Love you. XOXO

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

That is soo sweet. I've never heard of it!! You are awsome April and your girls are so lucky to have a mom like you!!!

Andersons said...

Like everyone keeps saying, you make me cry with your posts! I love that you get to kiss the little heart. Oh my - those girls are so lucky to have you. :-)

McEvoy Family said...

That is so amazing! I love that you guys get to do that! I had no idea about that program. That is something pretty special! I love your blog, April! Thanks for being so kandid. Your love flows through your words! I am sure your girls barely understand what an amazing person you are! But, we will all tell them!!! You guys are fabulous! Much love to you!

Shaw Family said...

What a great memory for your girls!

Lisa and Kate said...

That is amazing! I love that they did this for you. Your girls will treasure this forever!

My prayers are with you and your family. You are an amazing mom and they are so lucky to have you!!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That is a wonderful memory. I am so happy that you all have it. The joy you have in each other is so beautiful. Thamks my friend!

Bennions said...

That is very special. What a wonderful memory. Your girls both look so sweet. Not very hard to imagine where they got that quality from with two great parents like you and Ear Wax. Tif

ChanFam6 said...

Everytime I read your blog I just want to be like you! You make me want to be better in every way. I love you so much...and your family is so special. Thanks for being YOU...APRIL.

The Sutton Family said...

Your blog is always so touching! Build-A-Bear rocks! I need to take my kids there again sometime, just for fun! I hope you are doing well! I love you!