Saturday, June 6, 2009

Things That Make Living So WONDERFUL!





















When I started this blog a little over a year ago, my intent was to share with my family and friends some of the things that we as a family were up to. As time has gone on, I realized that not only is it a wonderful way to keep in touch, but provides me with the opportunity to keep up on my family history. My sweet friend Annie has offered to make a book out my blog for my little ladies as a special gift to them. Since December I have been making a list of all the things that I believe make this life so WONDERFUL and at times so magical, in hopes of passing it along to my little ladies. On the days when I have felt discouraged or frustrated with my limitations, it has helped me a great deal to sit down, add to my list, and to be reminded of how wonderful this life is, despite the times when we all feel a little bit broken. For the sake of my little ladies I thought that I would share some of the things that I hold most dear. (Because of space I thought that I would share only a few things from my list, and these items are in no particular order)


1. The warm and fuzzy glow of my children’s cheeks when they very first wake up.

2. Climbing into clean, soft sheets to go to bed when I am super tired. I LOVE how good soft , clean smelling sheets feel.


3. The smell of newly fallen rain.


4. The way my sweet husband looks at me.

5. Laughing so hard it hurts.


6. The feel of a child’s hand in mine.





















7. Crying with a friend.





















8. Walking in the doors of the temple and the instant feeling of perfect peace.


9. Snuggling up with a cozy afghan and a good book on a crisp Autumn day.

10. Driving in the car and singing my favorite songs at the top of my lungs. Thank the stars for Josh Groban:)

11. Going on a road trip and coming HOME.

12. Dancing when the feeling strikes you, with perfect abandon.


13. Being with my sister, and playing Phase Ten late at night.





















14. The very first taste of a good chocolate.





















15. Looking into the eyes of my children for the very first time. (I believe that this is one of the most magical moments that this life has to offer).





















16. Watching the compassion of another lift and build someone.






















17. Late night talks with my husband.


18. The feel of a rose petal on my cheek.

19. HOPE.






















20. The assurance that comes from knowing that we are never alone.


21. A big huge and wonderful HUG.






















22. Watching my children use their imagination and make up a totally random and perfect song.


23. The wonderful and exciting anticipation of Christmas Eve.





















24. An unexpected gift from such a compassionate lady!


25. Quiet moments on the shore of a beautiful ocean.


(Oh my heavens I could go on and on, lol) So my little ladies, on the days when you are feeling down or discouraged, I would encourage you to make your own little list. There is always much good to be found:) I love you!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you for reminding me that life is wonderful. I find it so easy to forget the many beautiful things that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, so I am glad that you have reminded me that I must never forget. I love you and your family so much!

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

Oh April~~You are such a poetic writer! I marvel at your words and how youare able to express them so elequently!! I love you and do consider you one of my daughters along with my four others! What a priveliage(sp) to know you!! Such a sweetie!!

Lisa and Kate said...

I loved this blog. It reminds us what to be thankful for and what is truly important in life. You write so incredibly beautiful that you make me cry. Thanks for all you are. I wish to be like you someday!!!

Bennions said...

I love your attitude. On days when I have really had it--this gratitude exercise well do the trick for me. Thanks Tif

nina said...

You have such a way with words. Thank you for opening my heart and making it larger every time I read your blog - even when it hurts with the growth!!
XOXO

Andersons said...

What a fabulous and impressive list! I love how you enjoy the grand and small things - that's what it's all about! Your girls are going to treasure these. :-)

Munson Family said...

I love to list the things I to am grateful for,but never put it out for anyone else to read and remind them to of how great living is. I love you and your tender feelings. love ya, Kim

McEvoy Family said...

You are so amazingly detail oriented. I started thinking of "little things" that are truly amazing. I love the feeling of being challenged to do better or to see things more clearly which I am able to do each time I get even a couple of words from you! You are fabulous. Thanks for being such an amazing teacher. I LOVE YOU!

Lori said...

I love your list! It's beautiful... Your girls are blessed to have such an insightful mom!

ChanFam6 said...

One more thing you forgot...
BEING APRIL BRUGGER! That is one of the things that makes living so wonderful to me, knowing YOU. You make everyone feel important everytime you see them. Thanks for making me feel that way. Love you.