Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slow and Steady Wins The Race



Well hello my wonderful friends and family! I am finally making good on my New Year's resolution of being better at blogging, lol! I hope that you all had such a wonderful holiday season!

This Christmas was such an amazing and special time for me this year, and I think that I have felt so humbled to have been able to spend it once again with my little family. I have really struggled with my health these past couple of months and at one point lost the ability to walk for a short time. But as miserable as I have felt physically I can't help but feel like this Christmas was one of my most favorites!





















I loved EVERYTHING from the decorations to all the yummy smells.


To the Christmas jammies.




















From the fun gifts, to the kind acts of service that so many have given to us. (This year I made a special quilt for each of my little ladies. Each square had something special about our family. From pictures, to special songs, Caleb's favorite word, to our family hands. The rest of the squares were made up of all of Caleb's blankets. My hope when I was making them is that I could wrap my little ladies up in them so tight and that they would feel like they were getting a huge hug from each of us. So that each time I went to the hospital or each time we were separated they would feel their Daddy and I near them. They turned out so sweet. Tacky, but sweet, lol. By the way, thank you so much to all of my sweet "Ladies" who took so much time out of their own busy holiday preparations to make this dream of mine a reality, I love you!)





















And the daily reminders of why we celebrate the love the Savior has for each of us.


I was telling Eric recently that I am not so sure what made this Christmas so precious to me, I really can't think of one thing that really stands out in my mind. I just felt like EVERYTHING was so perfect, and I feel so grateful in so many ways!!!!

My good Bishop came by for a visit the other night and gave me some wonderful advice that I have been thinking about a lot lately. At times, I am a little ashamed to say that I have felt a little discouraged at some of the things that I am unable to do. Or when I don't have enough energy to keep up with all the ideas I am always having, lol. (And there seem to be many, lol)



But my Bishop told me that life is not about all the "BIG" things. The BIG parties, the BIG accomplishments, the BIG "Ah Ha" moments that sometimes are few and far between. But rather the little things that we stay consistent with every day. Continuing to do those small things every day that bring us closer to our family and to our Father in Heaven. In simple terms, "Slow and steady wins the race". So my "New Years" resolution this year is just that. To keep trucking along and to enjoy everything around me. To take those little steps each day, and not be overwhelmed at the lack of the BIG things.

So....Happy New Years my wonderful friends! I wish you all every bit of love and happiness that this year holds!!!!

9 comments:

Strollerblader said...

Happy New Years, Bruggers! I've actually been lurking on your blog for a long time, but haven't commented.

I wish you a year filled with laughter, joy, peace, love, and sacred experiences.

The quilts you made are wonderful!

Jen Comstock Cherpeski

Carrie said...

Glad to see you blogging again. I've been worried about you lately. So glad you had a fun Christmas. We really enjoyed this year as well. Happy New Year!

Laura said...

It's good to see pictures of your family. I love the blankets.I wish I could have seen your house at Christmas. I am sure it was beautiful. Take care and happy new year!

Munson Family said...

It was so nice to have you blogging again.love ya!Thanks for your help. Love Kim

Andersons said...

Those blankets are amazing! You know your girls will treasure them forever.

And I just love your positive spirit throughout everything!! You are so inspiring to everyone around you. :-)

Terri Frazier said...

I've missed seeing you at Church!! Hope you feel better real soon!! Wishing you a Happy New Year, too!
Love to you and family, always!!

ChanFam6 said...

Once again...you live your life so BIG that I chuckle when you think you don't. I am always amazed and awed by your zest for life, your genuine love for others and most of all your beautiful smile. I just love the Brugger Family and thank my Heavenly Father for letting me know you. HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR...

Lisa and Kate said...

Happy New Year to you. I thought it odd toot hat this year seemed extras special. I cannot put my finger on it but it was amazing for a Christmas. Those blankets will always be treasured. I love thoughtful, cared about gifts that come from the heart. You are an extra special lady yourself and you have touched many of out lives! We all love and adore you! May you have a terrific New Year!! Love you! Lisa and Kate

nina said...

Oh, how we love you. Every moment with you is a "BIG" moment - never forget it, friend. XOXO.