Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's that time of year.....



I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love everything about it. The fresh smell of pine, early morning stealth ninja stakeouts for fresh greenery,the music, the anticipation, sledding and hot chocolate, the colors, the stories, warm fires, cozy blankets, special family traditions, the smell of homemade wassail, the smiles on strangers faces, the feelings of compassion and giving, and the daily reminder of the birth of our Savior. Oh my heavens I am so excited that I can barely type. LOL! So it is my tradition to start decorating the day after Halloween. I wasn't able to this time, soooooooo..... I declare this week my official CHRISTMAS DECORATING WEEK! Wahooo!

7 comments:

Bennions said...

Sounds great we just started our hot chocolate season this week. Even Las Vegas gets cool enough for the good stuff. Christmas has such a good feel just put a turkey in the sleigh for Thanksgiving. Tif

McEvoy Family said...

I feel the same way! Our neighborhood doesn't traditionally turn lights & stuff on till after Thanksgiving. I think it stinks.I am right there with you. We are coming to Boise this weekend & Kam is taking family pics for us. I am sooooo excited! It will be a quick trip, but well worth it. FUN FUN FUN!

Amber said...

April, you are such an inspiration to Ben and me. I don't LOVE Christmas because I think Christ has been taken out of the holiday. HOWEVER, I realize that I need to do some rearranging. I need to bring Christ back, starting with our home.
Asto favorite Christmas traditions, something we Munsons used to do was act out the Christmas story (Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus). I loved it! Maybe we can revive it this year.

Karynn said...

YAY! I can wait to declare my own Christmas Decorating Week! Thanks for getting us in the spirit!

Munson Family said...

You make me excited about decorating,and having all the smells,oh how I love the smells.I even had hot chocolate yesterday. I make sure it's nice and cold in the house so everyone is forced to cuddle and enjoy!I have missed seeing you around,my sweet lady!

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

I love Christmas time too. I wish I had more nice decorations like my mom and like you (so I hear from Misty!!!) I love listening to christmas music the whole month of December..YOu are just a little bit earlier than me in that regard, but you GO!!! You'll have to post some pics of your lovely decorations to give us un-creative folks some ideas!!

The Stokes Family said...

I love that picture. What a sweet sister. We miss our little peanut. Love ya sis