My very dear friend Carrie is the cousin of my most favorite author Stephanie Meyer. Carrie had told her a little bit about my situation as of late, and the other day we received a very special package from Stephanie. To say that I was excited is a complete understatement. If I had the ability to, I would have skipped, or at least attempted a very cool wheelie in my wheelchair!! Stephanie sent me a signed copy of the Collector's Edition of Twilight, as well as signed Twilight T-Shirts for my little ladies, with their names on them. Sassy is completely convinced that Stephanie is magic. They were amazed that she knew their names and how to spell them. My girls have not read the books or seen the movie, well.... they are still a little to young, but I tell you, these little ladies have worn their shirts with so much pride, and will tell anyone who will listen to them that Stephanie herself sent them this gift. I was so touched that she would think of my little ladies, and would do something so special for them. She absolutely made our day! I had invited all of my best buddies over to open the gift with me and to take pictures.(Annie is not pictured here, she was taking the pictures) I know very little about Stephanie as a person, other than the fact that she wrote a super cool series and that she is a mom herself, but I was so touched that she would send such a kind gift to someone that she knew little to nothing about. This may be something that she does quite often, she seems like a very compassionate person, but to our little family it meant the world. It was such a fun moment for us, so Carrie, thank you, thank you so much, we love you! And to all my ladies, you are the very best! I am always so touched at the lengths that you will go to for me. I adore you all! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
A Kind Gift From Stephanie Meyer, No Really!
My very dear friend Carrie is the cousin of my most favorite author Stephanie Meyer. Carrie had told her a little bit about my situation as of late, and the other day we received a very special package from Stephanie. To say that I was excited is a complete understatement. If I had the ability to, I would have skipped, or at least attempted a very cool wheelie in my wheelchair!! Stephanie sent me a signed copy of the Collector's Edition of Twilight, as well as signed Twilight T-Shirts for my little ladies, with their names on them. Sassy is completely convinced that Stephanie is magic. They were amazed that she knew their names and how to spell them. My girls have not read the books or seen the movie, well.... they are still a little to young, but I tell you, these little ladies have worn their shirts with so much pride, and will tell anyone who will listen to them that Stephanie herself sent them this gift. I was so touched that she would think of my little ladies, and would do something so special for them. She absolutely made our day! I had invited all of my best buddies over to open the gift with me and to take pictures.(Annie is not pictured here, she was taking the pictures) I know very little about Stephanie as a person, other than the fact that she wrote a super cool series and that she is a mom herself, but I was so touched that she would send such a kind gift to someone that she knew little to nothing about. This may be something that she does quite often, she seems like a very compassionate person, but to our little family it meant the world. It was such a fun moment for us, so Carrie, thank you, thank you so much, we love you! And to all my ladies, you are the very best! I am always so touched at the lengths that you will go to for me. I adore you all! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















11 comments:
Wow April! How neat! Honestly, that was so darn thoughtful!
That was so great, thanks for letting us be a part of the fun. I love when you get a chance to add something to your blog. Kim
Thanks for letting us share a fun moment with you!!
FUN! That was so nice and looked like a lot of fun. And look at you hair curled and looking beautiful. You are awesome. Tif
That is great! Sounds like a memorable thing for you and your girls!
April! How truely awesome for you! I knew I liked Stephenie Meyer - now I admire her even more. You look beautiful!
How awesome April! I can't think of another person who is more deserving! Stephenie Meyer really is an amazing person it seems. What a super fun day for you and your girls! This just makes me wish more and more we lived closer!! Love ya!
I've never gotten into the "Twilight" madness, but I did take Averee to see the movie, which I loved. I will say that I am so excited for you and your girls!!! What a great treat!!
Holy cow! If that isn't the coolest thing ever! I love it when "busy" people take the time to do something nice for someone! I am so happy for you. That was kind. I have heard Stephanie is a very down to earth person, but this makes me think how true that might be! You girls sure deserved such a great surprise! Much love!
Aw! So cool! In a few years, your girls will know why this is such a treat - when they read/watch Twilight!!! :-)
that is awesome! you are looking fabulous!
Post a Comment