Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Nativity



One of my buddies, Nicole, encouraged everyone to take a picture of their Nativity to share with everyone. I thought that it was a wonderful idea, so I thought that I would follow suit. We actually just got our Nativity last year. We have always had one for our little ladies to play with, but we could never really afford one that I liked until last year. Eric bought it for me for Christmas, and I just feel in love with it. We added the animals this year, and I love the whole feel of this Nativity. I think that my favorite part is how Joseph is looking at Mary.

I thought that I would post one of my favorite quotes about Christmas from one of our prophets, Gordon B. Hinckley. He said,

"And so at this Christmas season, we sing His praises and speak our words of faith and gratitude and love. It is His influence in our lives that stirs within us more kindness, more respect, more love, more concern. It is because of Him and His teachings that we reach out to those in trouble, distress, and need wherever they may be.What a glorious season is this time of Christmas. Hearts are softened. Voices are raised in worship. Kindness and mercy are reenthroned as elements in our lives. There is an accelerated reaching out to those in distress. There is an aura of peace that comes into our homes. There is a measure of love that is not felt to the same extent at any other time of the year".



(This is why I love Christmas so much!)

9 comments:

Munson Family said...

It is a beautiful Nativity.I love the sheep in it.I think it would be interesting to find a nativity where the baby is a toddler,because the three wise men came when he was a little older than a baby.All my nativities have wise men. I obviously love them,because I have quit a few.

Amber said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful nativity! You bring the proper spirit into Christmas, I really appreciate that. We hope to see you, too, when we come! We will be there from the 22nd- Jan. 1. Emily is excited to meet the friend that we have told her SO MUCH ABOUT. Love you!

The Sutton Family said...

I love your nativity! I have been collecting nativities for the past few years and that is one that I have always wanted! One day I'll be able to afford it!! Anyway, it is an awesome time of year, I agree! Love ya!

Bennions said...

I love your nativity. I don't think I have ever seen that one before but I like what you picked. I am glad you are finding joy in the season with your sweet family. Love you Tif

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That is a beautiful nativity. Right now we just have the fisher price one. Merry Christmas my friend!

Unknown said...

April and Eric-Long story how I found your blog...:) but, I was one of the nurses who took care of Caleb in the NICU at UVRMC...I was sad to hear of his passing, but grateful to read of your strength in the gospel. We will be praying for your health...
~Carly Peterson

Olivia W. said...

thank you for sharing that quote! and your nativity. i definitely need a reminder of what's important right now! Merry Christmas Brugger family!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Thanks for posting about your nativity... I loved it! I love how simple it is and beautiful. I agree I love that Joseph is looking at Marry too! I love the quote from Presidnet Hinckly.... thanks for the reminder!