
I have unfortunately had a bit of a set back once again with my health this past week. My poor heart, darn it. It sure is trying but it is just getting so tired. Needless to say my little ladies have really been struggling. I was able to come home from the hospital today, hooray, but my sweet girls have been so discouraged. In fact, one of my little ladies told her Dad last night that she really does not think that miracles still exist. "How can things be so hard, and where are these miracles that you keep talking about", she asked with tears streaming down her face. My sweet husband, being the tender man that he is just held her and let her cry. It is difficult to explain to such a little one that all of these experiences in this life, either trying or wonderful, really are for our good, even when you have a sick mama. I have been thinking about her question a lot today and I started to think about what a "Miracle" really is. I guess what a "miracle" means to me. As I was looking through our photo albums today, I was reminded of a time when my little son was almost a year old.

We were going back to one of the NICU follow-up appointments that we were required to go to every few months. It was always such a fun and exciting time. Some of our most favorite nurses and Doctors who we had fallen in love with were there, some of my most special and dear friends, and other mama's with their sweet little ones were there. It really was such a fun reunion! Most of the children were sitting, some were making fun noises and looking into their mama's eyes, some were playing with toys, and some were even walking. They were all growing and changing so much and it was such a joy to see. These were little ones that had overcome tremendous odds, and were just, well, just PERFECT. Truly a "miracle", each one of them. But... for a brief moment my heart just broke. As I looked around at all these little ones I knew that my son would never have the ability to sit like they could, or look into my eyes and smile. He would never crawl, would never run into our arms, and would probably not live for a great deal longer, and I felt so discouraged. But within that same moment, as I looked at my little peanut, I was so touched by this beautiful sense of peace, and the wonderful knowledge that there were so many wonderful things that my little man could do.

He could smile, the best and most perfect smile, he loved so perfectly, he could giggle and snuggle like the best of them. His accomplishments were not the same as the others, and probably not very noticeable to anyone else but me, but they were amazing "miracles" in their own right. To me, he was and will always be just "Perfect" .That day was a huge lesson to me. Sometimes I have found in my life that I get so caught up in the looking for the "HUGE" accomplishments or "Huge" miracles, that I forget to recognize the small and precious miracles that happen everyday. I guess that sometimes it is easy to look at others and see how wonderful their life is, just as my little lady is doing. But the more that I thought about it, I realized that MY son was a true miracle in every way, just as each of my little ladies are. But I truly believe that these "Miracles" that we are so often searching for can be found in the most seemingly mundane of things. So my sweet little daughter who will read this tomorrow I am sure,lol,(she loves blogs) here are a couple of my most favorite "miracles" that have happened just today.

1. You! Every smile, every giggle, every tender hug, and compassionate thought is a "miracle" to me! Just being able to come home to your sweet hugs and kisses is one of my most special "miracles":) I love you.

2. Your Dad! Your kind Dad is my most favorite "Happy Thought". His love for me and you little ladies is still such a tender miracle to me. With little to no sleep, he still laughs and smiles and puts every one's needs before his own. A pretty darn great "miracle".

3. Chocolate, well just because! Isn't it a "Miracle" that it tastes SO DARN YUMMY! lol:) They would NEVER give it to me in the hospital, sooooo what a "miracle" to come home and find some, lol!
4. Family! A Sister who will drop everything to drive hundreds of miles just to be a comfort to me. A "miracle" especially when it also involves several hours of screaming and starving children, lol!
5. Amazingly tender, giving, and loving friends who perform such incredible acts of kindness and will serve at any moments notice. They secretly do all my laundry and clean my house, and then bring the most yummy "heart healthy" meal. (A "miracle" that heart healthy food can taste so good:)LOL! (If you had to eat it, you would agree with my MIRACLE,lol) They continue to love me in spite of my many weaknesses, and crazy plans, and are always there to make me laugh.

6. A visit from such an amazingly compassionate and tender Relief Society President who loves with her whole soul and will sacrifice all that she has for all of these dear ladies whom she loves and serves. Thank you so much, it was a "miracle" that you showed up when you did, and an answer to my husbands prayers. I love you!

7. Well......LOL, a "Miracle":)
I could go on for hours, really, I could, lol! But I was reminded of a scripture that I recently read. It is in Moroni 7:27 it says: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven... and in verse 37 it says: Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men....
So many of you have been ANGELS to us and my life has been so blessed by your willingness to "minister" unto me and my sweet little family. I have been blessed by so many miracles and continue to see them in your kind messages, your loving acts of service and in my little ladies tender smiles. They are found in the selflessness of a family member or in the memories of our little man. So my little one, I do believe that "Miracles" do happen everyday, and will continue to happen, we just need to have faith and the ability to recognize them. Thank you for reminding me to always look for those things that may seem mundane, but are true and wonderful "Miracles". I love you!

















20 comments:
April,
Like I told you the other day. You are truly an inspiration and a miracle to all of us here in Idaho that have been touched by your sweet presence and your ever so positive attitude with everything. I feel so very blessed to know you.
Love,
Angie
Wow! You brought me to tears! Thank you for reminding me of all the miracles that happen in my life on a daily basis. I am so grateful for all the time I have spent with you and read your blog because they have taught me great lessons.
Love to you and your family!
WOW! I can't hardly read or type because I am crying so hard. Thanks for your amazing insight, April. You truly are so close to our Savior that I feel so lucky to know you!!! You make everyone want to be better, me number one! I appreciate that you teach and help others grow by just being you! You are one of the finest people EVER. I can't say thanks enough for all you have done for me, and the lessons you have taught me! I am reminded of things I should be doing each time I read your blog! I sure love you, April. Thanks most of all for just being you. Your girls will realize someday how lucky they are to have such a LEGACY for a MOTHER! Love you, Tiff
ps-maybe you should publish your blog into a book that we can all buy! Each year would be a best-seller, I am sure!!
OK April...did you want everyone to cry??? You are always so sweet and your little girls are lucky to have a mom like you!!! Hope you start feeling better...loved the chocolate and twilight miracle lol!!!
you are a miracle apes!! i marvel at the person you are the and way you do and handle things! There is nobody like you or as incredible as you are. i have been so blessed to have you be part of my life. i love you and always will. Thanks
Sniffle Sniffle Snort Snort!..What an amazing mother, wife, friend and angel you are! I wish you can see me right now..here at work on my lunch break..cleaning and wiping up my face..ready to greet my patients once again and have them wonder who made me cry! :)LOL I'm so blessed to have you in my life and it is a miracle to have friends like you in each of our lives!!!
Oh April, I thought I cried enough yesterday and this morning and then you got me going again. You are a miracle in many lives, and may I remind you the miracle of the girls sweet pet. I love you all!
The word "inspirational" doesn't even cover it - YOU are the miracle to your family and friends. I just love you! (And I love that you found a way to fit Edward into this post.) :-)
I love you and your faith. Tif
Beautiful, April! Anyone reading that will have their faith renewed in miracles. And I am sure that you are a miracle to your family. Keep your chin up! Love and prayers...
Oh April, you're so wonderful! If only I can be as faithful as you are and teach my sweet children the beautiful truths that shine through you. How am I so blessed to know you. I'm so sorry that your health is continually a trial. Bless your little girls hearts. So much for them to take in at such a young age. I continue to keep you guys in my prayers.
April, Thank you for reminding me of all the miracles we have each day. I often think of you when I have a negative thought or having a rough day. You have always been a good example to me. I am so glad we "found" eachother after all these years. I love all our seminary and school memories! Everytime I hear "Red, red wine" it makes me think of you. And Stake Dances! You and Misty are so lucky to have each other. I hope you daughter has a better day tomorrow and see's all the miracles around her:) Especially her mom!
April
You are a wonderful person. We miss your family and strong spirit. We love you guys
This is all so sureal to me. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the reality of it. I guess one of the blessings in all of this is the ability to say good-bye. No words will be left unsaid. You get to tell those you love heart-felt thanks, appeciation, kinds words, and affection. The fact that you get to do this is the real miracle. The Lord must really need you, but is granting you this time to put things in order, especially for your little girls. That doesn't happen for many people. The Lord is truly blessing you at this time. We love you April.
Natalie Jardine
"Some people come into our lives and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never the same." April to me this quote is exactly you! You are an amazing person, your spirit, testimony, strength, and love that you show each of us is amazing. You are the miracle! Thank fo this sweet post that reminds what miracles we all have in our lives.
There really aren't words, but I guess I will come up with some. Thank you for reminding so many people how truly blessed we all are and that the Lord provides mircalces for us all.
You are a joy. You are a light to this world, and you radiate that to others. I hope you know that your light is causing a chain reaction with all of those you come into contact with.
You also are one of those great women and mothers that are leaders are always quoting about. You know the ones that are the real reason humanity will go on in goodness, in faith, in love. You are it my friend.
Thank you for sharing your teaching moment with us. You are loved, thought of, and prayed for.
Love ya,
Larissa
Awe, I love and miss your beautiful, wonderful self so much! :) Take care dear friend.
April, I found your blog ... it is great to read about you and your sweet family. You are an amazing person! ~Ali www.todalitanners.blogspot.com
Post a Comment