Thursday, March 5, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things:)



This past week, my sweet and very dear friends gave me the funnest and most special surprise that I think that I have ever had. We were all planning on going on a special road trip at the end of March to Vancouver, Canada (where they are filming the next installment of the Twilight series) to meet the cast of Twilight. It was supposed to a fun little road trip, and something that I have been so looking forward to since December. Unfortunately, my health has become so fragile lately that I am even more limited in where I can go or what I can do. So these AMAZING women brought Edward to me, lol:)



So my buddies had all come over and got set up on our front porch for the big surprise! Eric answered the door and got a wonderful SURPRISE, himself! (I am sure he was so overcome with joy when he saw Edward standing there,lol) Unfortunately, my sister and I had not yet gotten back from the store. So Eric, had all of them come into the Living Room and get set up there. Then they all left to park their cars down the street so I would not notice when we came home.



Look how cute my two favorite men are! LOL! The one on the left is by far my most handsome and favorite man. (Oh just as a funny side note, a couple weeks back Eric told me the funniest thing. He said, "Well you know, I am totally like Edward". "Oh yeah, how", I said, super curious what he was thinking. He said, "I love you more than anything, and I constantly have to restrain myself from killing you"! LOL!!!! Oh, Love At Home,lol~ )



Just another funny side note, before I continue on with my story, (I do have a tendency to get a little sidetracked don't I, lol) the other night my little ladies were feeling a little down, so as I was talking to them and painting their nails, rainbow colors of course, my little Sassy had the wonderful idea that Dad's toe nails needed a little extra "sparkle". Eric is so easy going that he said that was O.K. What was sad though, was that day he and my brother-in-law Marc were taking all the kids to go swimming at the YMCA. He wanted to take off the nail polish before they went swimming, but I told him that the chlorine in the water would probably take it off for him,no problem! Needless to say it has been over a week and his toes are as sparkly as ever! So the night that my buddies came over, they could not help taking a picture of those MARVELOUS toes! What that man won't do for us, lol!



O.K. moving on! So my sister and I got home, and Eric comes out and meets us in the garage. He tells me that a big package came for me and is waiting in the living room. So as I walked in all of my buddies yelled surprise!!!! It scared me to death, and then........(I am pausing for dramatic effect.....ahhhhhhh) there was Edward, full size and in all his glory!!!!! I was so surprised! (Look at my sweet husbands cute face) I was totally and completely overwhelmed and so excited! I LOVED IT!!!!!



So on top of meeting Edward for the first time, lol, they put together this amazing basket of a few of my favorite things, in fact the basket even came with a song, properly titled "A Few Of April's Favorite Things", lol, thanks Annie~ This basket had all the yummiest smelling lotions and bubblebath, my most favorite gossip magazines (I know pretty pathetic, but I just LOVE THEM), the most beautiful picture of our family and one of my sweet little ladies, my favorite Tic Tacs, a Twilight bracelet that says "I love boys who sparkle" (and with my husbands beautiful bald head, I truly do, lol), this awesome Unofficial guide of ALL things Twilight, a sweet picture of the Savior, butterfly gardens for my little ladies, Mama Mia DVD (a movie that we all loved and went to for a girls night out) the cutest earrings ever, oh my heavens, I could go on and on. It was amazing, and now for the very BEST part......( another pause for dramatic effect) my VERY OWN SNUGGIE, yup the one that is "as seen on T.V." I LOVE IT!



















And for all of you "Magical Snuggie" haters out there, I must say that this little snuggie is a wonderful piece of heaven! LOL! And........ look at how easy it is for me to use the phone now! LOL!


















So I just wanted to say thank you to these very special ladies that for the past two years have been such a blessing and support to my family and I. Thank you all for every amazing memory and for the joy of laughing so hard it hurts, lol! I love you!



My crazy partner in crime, and all things Edward, Chris.



My nutty buddy Selina, a.k.a. Rose.



Our most revered leader Annie, a.k.a. "The Chosen One", lol!



Two of the most beautiful and funny ladies, Natalie and Kelli. Can you believe that both of these ladies just had their fourth babies!!!!!!!!!! Yes I know, there really is no justice in this world:)



My sweet friend Angie, her sweet smile tells you everything about her~



My crazy buddy Kim, a.k.a. Kim Bo Slice, lol!



Our good buddy Pat, Selina's very own Brad Pitt, lol! He just could not stay away from so many beautiful ladies all gathered together in one spot, lol!



So in closing I have to tell you one more funny story! After everyone left, Eric quietly put our Edward in the corner of my room. (His reasoning was that it is what Edward does with Bella,he watches her sleep. Sound reasoning, if not a little bit freaky, lol) So, I had no idea that he was there. Off I went to wash my face, and I think that I had the biggest scare of my life. I screamed so loud that my sister and husband came running. I was faint and nauseous, the works! Now that I think about it, that really is an appropriate response to having a vampire in your room! LOL:) Thanks again ladies, love you!

16 comments:

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

Funniest stuff EVER. More than a little jealous at the massive Edward. SO lucky! I have to say though my favorite part was the snugglie. HILARIOUS. I will honestly admit I openly mock that thing, but you just make it look so conveinent and cozy. I am glad you had a great night! You guys deserve it!

nina said...

This is why I love blogging!! I totally wanted to hear your perspective. And, really, I must say - Eric is one of a kind. Love that guy:)

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

one word~~AWESOME~~~~

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

and now for more words, cuz I am more than a one word person~~ hehehehehe~~ So you have some pretty cool sistas up there! How fun for you. Thanks for the sweet words on my blog by the way! So how are ya doing my lady?? Miss you and think of you often. Take it easy or how ever you can take it, hehehehehe.....love youuuuuuuu xxoo

Beverly said...

How wonderful it is to have great friends in this world of ours isn't it? They need to be careful about such huge surprises for you..I'm sure your heart just leaps outside your skin when that happens! LOL I love Eric's description of his similarities to Edward...LOL! So cute!

The Stokes Family said...

That was amazing to have Edward in your home. A little scary in the dark but so fun. I was so glad we got to go up and visit. Love you tons. P.S. You have amazing friends, love them!!!

Annie said...

Edward and i look good together if i do say so myself!!!This is a first for me (apes i am making strides in the right direction lol)!!! Love you and thanks for making me smile!! loveya annie

ps you make the snugglie look stinking hot!!!!

Andersons said...

Oh my gosh - that picture of you talking on the phone in your Snuggie is HILARIOUS!! :-)

What awesome, awesome women! They're seriously so thoughtful. Give Edward a big big smooch for me! :-)

Ashley said...

Oh man, I'm so bummed I missed out! But you really made me feel like I was right there... :) Hope you enjoy all your wonderful goodies. I'm in the process of joining the snuggie band wagon. ;) xoxoxo

Laura said...

April, What a fun time. I have to admit the Edward might have freaked me out a bit. I hope you are doing well. We miss you guys!!

Amber said...

My mother gave me a detailed description of everything that night, so it is so nice to have the pictures for a more visual memory! I just love you! Your sweet spirit comes out of the page, even in your snugglie!

Munson Family said...

Great pictures, that was sooo much fun and you do such a good job at describing everything, it is like doing it all over again. I have to have those pictures. To bad Misty didn't get in any of them,she was probably avoiding the camera!THat sneaky sister.What memories! Love ya,KIm

Bennions said...

That sounded like a ton of fun. Love the nails Eric. He is such a great sport for everything that comes his way. What a great quality. How fun to have your sister with you again. And it looks like you are surrounded by great people. It's good to see. You deserve it. Love you, Tif

McEvoy Family said...

April, what an amazing time! What great friends (and husband) you have! I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear the entire time I read that post! You guys are fabulous!!! I sure love you and am happy to see such fun and happy pictures!!!!

Lisa and Kate said...

What fun! You have a great friends and we all love you! I am glad that if you could not go on the road trip, the road trip came to you. I hope you are feeling a little better. Thanks for all your kind words! Lisa

Nicole said...

Sounds like so much fun! You deserve it, I am glad you got to enjoy Edward again, now the movie comes out on the 21st, have you already pre-orded it? LOL!