Thursday, March 26, 2009

Our Vacation In Our OWN Home Town



This week was my little ladies Spring Break, HOORAY!!! (I absolutely LOVE it when my ladies are home, so we have really been looking forward to this vacation) We were all really wanting to go on a vacation, but felt like we needed to be close to our hospital. Sooooo... we did the next best thing! We booked a room at the Marriott in Boise for a few days, and had the FUNNEST time! Everyone of us has been really sick so we had to keep the partying to a minimum, but check out some of the fun things that we did!


We took our ladies to Build-A-Bear, thanks to our sweet friend Selina and our Grandma Auntie. My girls knew that we were planning on going, so both girls brought ALL their Build-A-Bears with them in order to introduce them to our newest family members:)

















I think that their favorite part though was the swimming. The girls SWAM, and swam, and swam, and did I mention that they SWAM! LOL! Oh my lands, they were in heaven!!!! Even as sick as they were, Eric had to DRAG them out every time! LOL!







They explored the hotel....


and we spent a TON of time reading together and watching movies! It was so much fun, and a great little adventure! Nothing like hanging out together in your own backyard, lol!

14 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so glad you got "away" and had some fun... that is one of our favorite thing to do too!

nina said...

Pat and I love to go on VK by ourselves, but never leave town - just leave the kids with a sitter. I will now rethink that idea. So glad you had a great time and I hope you are all on the mend... XOXO

The Sutton Family said...

You are an awesome mom! Looks like you all had a super fun time and I'm happy you were able to spend some real quality time together! We don't need Disneyland, or the Bahamas--just some fun memories together :)

Shaw Family said...

So glad that you were able to get away and enjoy time together as a family!!

Bennions said...

I loved hotels as a kid. I remeber the ice machines. For some reason I loved going to the ice maker. And lifesavers in the hotel shop. It is fun to see your sweet girls exploring away. Tif

McEvoy Family said...

Oh, I am so happy that you guys got to do all of those fun things. It seems like the "little" things are the things that they end up remembering for a long time! The funny part of a book you read with them, swimming, cuddling with your momma, watching your favorite movie curled up in a blankie. I LOVE it! You guys deserved to have a bit of a "break"! Way to go!!!

Carrie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. We may have to do something like that for our spring break since I can't fly then. Good idea!

Lisa and Kate said...

Those kind of "trips away" are the most fun. Little stress and lots of quality time together. I am so glad you did it. Good for the girls and most of all for you. Takes your mind off all the mundane home stuff! Hope you are feeling a little better. My prayers are with you now and always! XOXOXOX

Munson Family said...

I was hoping for a little more sun for the kids to play in,but I think this was a great solution. This is as good as summer time without the sunburn. I hope you are all feeling better.I love having the kids home for spring break. Lots of love, Kim

Lori said...

I love to vacation in my home town. I've spent several spring breaks in SLC in a hotel with the kids. I'm very happy that you got to spend time together. I think anytime that you can spend together is so great. Know that you and your sweet family are in my prayers.

Beverly said...

I'm glad you were able to get away even though it was closeby. Bret and I always told each other when the kids were little, "why do we bother going very far for other vacation activities when all they want to do is swim" It's so true..the kids think it's the best thing to go to a hotel pool. I hope everyone has gotten over their colds, though..that's miserable! :(

THE TOKI TRIBE said...

Isn't that the best!! We did it last weekend too and it was so much fun for the kids! I Love that you love spring break, I just can't wait for school to start again. My kids have 3 weeks off!!! Fun pics, glad you guys got out, even if it wasn't far away!

Karynn said...

Oooh...how fun! My favorite vaca spot is all the way in St. George - 45 min. away! It's warm and sunny and they have pools there. Glad you got to get away.

Memmotts said...

HOW FUN!!!! The best times we get to have is with our families. so happy that you were able to get out and have a little Vacay...