Wednesday, December 10, 2008

News from Utah

April has been moved from the ICU to the CCU (Critical Care Unit). The Doctors still don't know exactly what is causing the problems to the heart, but they do know how to treat the symptoms with medications. Apes has been able to get up and walk around a little and seems to have gotten a little bit of her strength back. Yippee!!



Eric's makeshift bed.
Eric this might just get you nominated for Father/Husband of the Year award.



This pic is of Flat Stanley. Flat Stanley is a character from a book that Emee is reading at school. Stanley can travel by mail because he is "Flat". Stanley was mailed to Utah to stay and visit Eric's Sister Casey, but when April decided to take a visit to Utah Stanley came to visit her. Emee, Stanley is in good hands with your Mama.



Hannah and Emee didn't want their Mama going without a Christmas tree for the Holidays so they made and mailed a Christmas Tree. Eric and April have this tree hanging in their hospital room.

Annie's Commentary...
The other day my 5 year old son Kade and I were talking about how much he misses April and then he says to me, "Mom, April reminds me of the word Joy." This got me thinking and I decided that in honor of April (because I know she has so many fans) we all write in our comments a word that reminds us of April and why.



We love you Apes keep getting better!! :)

21 comments:

Annie said...

CELEBRATION!! I know kind of a wierd word but, April 'celebrates' the positive in everyone and everything. She is always up for a party and ready to 'celebrate' whether it be a sexy Vampire or just a great homemade meal April makes every occaision fun and a 'celebration'!
Your buddy, Rick Sager

You keep gettting Better my wife is going through April withdrawls!!

Natalie Day said...

Life! Would be my word for April. It doesn't matter what is going on April bring happiness and joy to life. You can feel here presence wherever she is at! So get better because Friday is the day that our little one will come into this world and needs to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Sweetness! April is the the definition of the word sweetness. She is the sweetest person I know. She is always making the best of every situation and is sweet to everyone she comes in contact with. You cannot help but feel joy and happiness when being around April and her family. I love to sit and talk with her because she always has a smile on her face.

Heather Stokes

Andersons said...

SUNSHINE! She lights up a room when she walks in it - always with a smile. April's personality is a breath of fresh air!

Jensa Anderson

Anonymous said...

Christlike. April ministers to others just as the Savior would if he were here.
April, it is reassuring to see your smile in the most recent pictures. you look beautiful!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Christlike. April ministers to others just as the Savior would if He were here.
April, it is reassuring to see your smile in the most recent pictures. You look beautiful!
Debbie
(The English teacher in me had to make the corrections in my first draft!)

Brooke & Ryan said...

Mother. I have never met a woman more suited to being a mother. You are an ideal mother.

Annie said...

Compassion
You are the most compassionate person I know. You are always giving of youself. You have the biggest and most tender heart of any person I know. Love you keep getting better. Annie

Tracy Coltrin said...

There are so many words that describe you April but, LOVE :) is the word that stands out the most. I will never forget the first time I had the oppertunity to hang out with April. It was When some of our husbands were on this years High Adventure Hike. Annie was brave enough to have a camp out of her own in her back yard. To make the story short, we had a great time! The thing I remember the most is April makes you feel like you are her best friend. She is without judgment. I'm greatful for that oppertunity and I prey that I have many more oppertunities to hang out with you April. Get Well soon. Lots of love, Tracy Coltrin

Munson Family said...

Comfort!I always feel like I have been wrapped in a blanket of love when she talks to me. She quiets the feelings of anxiety when she talks to you,and I know she was such a blessing to my daughter when she needed someone the very most. You read these words and I can agree, we all know April!I think we are all having April withdrawls and I am trying to do things to help myself with what would April be doing.I love you!Get well! Kim

Shaw Family said...

Friendly! Not knowing April that well ever since we have moved to the ward she is always so friendly to me and shows interest in my life! She is a great person!!

The Jardine's said...

CHARITY!!! I've never known anyone who demonstrates the pure love of Christ more than April. I've tried to concentrate on making myself have more charity, but April, you seem to do it without thinking. You are the true example of Charity. Charity means: The highest, noblest, strongest kind of love, not merely affection;the pure love of Christ. If only, we could all be more like you, the world would be better for it. We miss you April and Hunter talks about you and how much you mean to him.

McEvoy Family said...

My word for April is POSITIVE! It doesn't matter what trial she is going through in her life (and we all know she has had more than her fair share) I don't recall ever hearing anything negative or a bit of complaining. You are constantly figuring out what good can come from an undesirable or hard situation. When Caleb was in the NICU I remember you relaying a very neat thing to me about Caleb. You knew there were going to be challenges with him, yet all I heard was how lucky and blessed you were!! That has NEVER changed. Talking with any of the staff at UVRMC, you will hear the same story as well as how you, April make everyone feel like they are your BEST friend. That is true love. You are AMAZING, April. We would all be better people if we strive to be more like you. LOL-Tiff

nina said...

LOVE. April is love personified. I cried when I saw your beautiful face, my dear. There was love jumping through the computer. I can't wait to see you and take that trip to Forks... I have a feeling it will be quite a large group. Hannah is my on eo fmy great joys in primary. I asked to be moved up with my class, but I forgot they switch to boys/girls... I cried again.:( April, I wish I could let you know of the impact you have had on our family. My children's prayers are full of love and strength for the Brugger family. Pat even offered to decorate with the girls at the stake center for you - HA HA. Talk soon, "My Friend" - Selina Thibadeau and Family

nina said...

Oh, April, one more comment, since I finally figured this whole blog thing out... In my family the highest form of verbal love is to say, "Love ya like a Monkey" it is our little love motto, but I have one for you.... LOVE YA LIKE A VAMPIRE!!! Selina

Olivia W. said...

Genuine. I always remember April as being one of the truest, most genuine people. We're still praying for you!

Bennions said...

Fun. Of course I think of positive, kind, happy, sweet, loving, friendly and the list goes on but by golly you are fun and I miss living near enough to laugh my head off with you because, you are FUN. Love you forever and always. Tif

Lombardo Family said...

Influential! You have been such a great influence on so many lives. We are better people because we know you. Thanks! We're so glad you get to go home.

Munson Family said...

Well let me tell you sister Brugger this is the hardest thing to do.. narrow down all the great words that remind me of you.. I don't know if this will make sense but my word is TREASURE.. why i chose this is because when you moved into this ward and our neighborhood its like me and our family have found a lost treasure that we have been searching for.. Thank you sister Brugger for all the love and kindness you have given me i love you and your family!!
Love Austin Munson

Munson Family said...

SMILE! Every time you see someone the first thing you do is smile and when you do that it makes my day because that's really all I need. When you walk into a room the first thing you do is smile and then everyone is happy, I mean like when you walk into a room and you smile, for some reason, every one smiles and that my friend is awesome!!!!
-Katelynn

Munson Family said...

Vibrant! That is the first word that popped into my mind when Kim told me about thinking of a word to describe April. You are so full of life, always positive, and always thinking of others, no matter what is going on in your life. Everyone wants to be around you, to feel of your energy and also to benefit from your kindness!

We love you April and are glad you are coming home!

Steve Munson