Lately, I have really come to appreciate how precious time is. It seems like just yesterday that both of my little ladies were brand new, and just coming home from the hospital. I used to think that it was so cliche when people would say how quickly time flies, but I have come to realize that it truly does. I realized the other night when I was snuggling with one of my sick little ladies, that the things I love the most about spending time with them are really the most mundane of things. Giving them baths with Popsicles when they are sick or just watching their faces light up when they have accomplished something that is difficult for them. Little things, I know, but precious nonetheless. Today, as I woke up from another day long nap, I looked out my front window and saw the sweetest sight.

My sweet husband works all day all the while taking care of me and all of my needs. He takes care of the house work (with the help of my sweet angel friends) cooks us dinner, does homework with the girls, and still finds time to have an after school picnic and card game......
He makes pancake Birthday Cakes for my little ladies stuffed animals' birthdays...


And makes the
coolest castles for our little Wickett:)


As I watch my sweet husband with my little girls, I can't help but feel grateful to have a husband that truly understands how precious these few moments are. I feel infinitely blessed that these sweet girls are so lucky to have the most amazing man as their father. I love you Eric.
11 comments:
He IS such an amazing father! And you're so right...it's those small moments that make up life. You are so wise to recognize that!
What a reminder... Thank you! What a lucky family you have there!
you are so right it is the small moments that make life so sweet! Sometimes I get so caught up in life that I forget stop and smell the flowers. Eric is a wonderful mand and those girlies are so lucky to have him as their father. Thanks for your words of wisdom. Love you!!
You are one lucky lady. You have a wonderful family. One that loves you, and they know that you love them. Eric you are truly a great man, and I thank you for all the love that you show to my sister and everyone!!!
That looks awesome. Those girls are going to remember the fun things he does their whole lives. What a great DAD! Tif
That really is tender! Those are some classic pictures! I love that he is so sweet with them! I am grateful to have that reminder! You and your family are the true definition of AMAZING! You are a precious family who helps the rest of us remember what is important!
How lucky you are my friend! That is a precious pic of the 3 of them playing cards. These are the times the girls will remember! You are both amazing parents and they are lucky to have you both!
Thank you for inding me of the sweet pleasures in life. You are right. I love to snuggle withmy babies, and really don't mind them being sick because they get my undivided attention. You are in a unique position to notice these wonderful things and I thank you for sharing them with me. And for the record, Eric, YOU ROCK.
WOW, fabulous!! and how are you doing??? I miss you!
I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope and pray that things are going well for your sweet family. HANG IN THERE MY CUTE FRIEND! (Lori from UVRMC NICU)
He is SuperDad! I'm so relieved to know everyone is taking great care of you and your beautiful girls.
Post a Comment