Two weeks before Caleb passed away the Doctors sent him home from the hospital and said that it was time to take him home and let him go. We decided that it was really important for my girls to have something very tangible to hold on to and love when he was gone. We decided to take the girls to Build-A-Bear, with Caleb, and build something special just for them, from their brother. We recorded his tender little laugh, and he helped the girls pick out their bears and kissed the tiny hearts before they put them in their bears. While we were there, I of course had a difficult time holding back the tears. The girls were so happy and Caleb just smiled the entire time. While I was crying the manager came over and asked me what was wrong. I explained that we had so little time left with our sweetie, and she told us that Build-A-Bear would love to pay for their bears, as well as the outfits. Apparently there is a program that helps children in times of grief by supplying them with something to hold and cuddle. Needless to say, there is not a day that goes by, even still after a year, that my little ladies don't listen to his laugh, and snuggle their little Caleb bears. I guess the reason that I am telling you this is that their bears have become a very important part of their lives. They never go anywhere without them, and every holiday or birthday their bears received something special. This past weekend we celebrated Emee's birthday because we knew that Eric was going to be in New York the whole week. Emee's bear received some special gifts as well, and she just loved it. She wanted us to take a picture of "Snowy", so here you go little Sass!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Build-A-Bear Magic, Just for you Sass!
Two weeks before Caleb passed away the Doctors sent him home from the hospital and said that it was time to take him home and let him go. We decided that it was really important for my girls to have something very tangible to hold on to and love when he was gone. We decided to take the girls to Build-A-Bear, with Caleb, and build something special just for them, from their brother. We recorded his tender little laugh, and he helped the girls pick out their bears and kissed the tiny hearts before they put them in their bears. While we were there, I of course had a difficult time holding back the tears. The girls were so happy and Caleb just smiled the entire time. While I was crying the manager came over and asked me what was wrong. I explained that we had so little time left with our sweetie, and she told us that Build-A-Bear would love to pay for their bears, as well as the outfits. Apparently there is a program that helps children in times of grief by supplying them with something to hold and cuddle. Needless to say, there is not a day that goes by, even still after a year, that my little ladies don't listen to his laugh, and snuggle their little Caleb bears. I guess the reason that I am telling you this is that their bears have become a very important part of their lives. They never go anywhere without them, and every holiday or birthday their bears received something special. This past weekend we celebrated Emee's birthday because we knew that Eric was going to be in New York the whole week. Emee's bear received some special gifts as well, and she just loved it. She wanted us to take a picture of "Snowy", so here you go little Sass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















1 comment:
I love those bears and I even love more that they have your sweet boys laugh inside. What a special thing for your girls to hold onto!! I just love you guys!!
Post a Comment