Friday, October 3, 2008

Apple Picking Splendor!



Fall is by far my most favorite time of the year! Everything about Fall reminds me of my little family! I love the changing of the leaves,the cooler weather, the yummy smells, the colors, beautiful afghans and sweaters, warm fires, and all the yummy warm meals that remind me of home. At the beginning of September I always get so excited! We started off the month taking the kids and some of their friends apple picking. They absolutely loved it and did an incredible job! The orchard was on Chicken Dinner Road, (only in Idaho)and was so beautiful. Check out how cute these little ones are.

Click to play Apple Picking
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook



MEET TYLER
Tyler was a little boy that we meet at the Apple Orchard today. He lives there with his Grandparents, and was one of the most charming and perfect little gentlemen that I have ever meet. His grandma told us that he has several health struggles, but aside from his many struggles, he is always happy and so willing to help. He was so sweet and such a great guide! I just feel in love with him. So much so that I wanted to keep him! LOL!!!!

5 comments:

The Stokes Family said...

What fun, those apples look so yummy. The kids look like they had alot of fun too!!!

Karynn said...

Oh, I loved the slide show! Makes me CRAVE fresh picked apples! What did you do with all of them?
What a fun activity, you Super Mom, you!

Karynn said...

I have to tell you that I have been SO sick the last few hours, couldn't keep anything down and everything sounded awful to me. I was nibbling on a cracker for the sheer emptiness of my stomach when I got on your blog. As soon as I saw those juicy apples, I knew what my body needed. I've kept two apples down for a few minutes now, and that's HUGE! So thanks for answering my quiet prayer! You can delete this comment...it's pretty gross. :-D And for the record, I thank the Lord every day that I am sick because it only means good things!

kim/ Gramma Stokes said...

want to pick apples too!!!! I would love that. I should go to our apple place, whatz it called?? Oh, Oak Glen, I think. Anyway, looks like you guys have tons of fun!!!
Love you!!!
and are you reading Host yet?

Annie said...

Wish I could have come!! Thanks for the apples!! yummy!!